jueves, 4 de noviembre de 2010

HELLO EVERYONE. Today I want to share what I think about the use of Internet tools in English classes. To do that I will answer some questions...

1- What is your feeling toward using Internet tools with your EFL students?

Well, I feel that Internet tools are one of the best tools that a teacher and a student can have to conquer their objectives; this is because Internet offers you many resources that you can not find with other tools. For example, a teacher from another country could invent a technique to teach children or teens, and this technique could be useful for a Salvadorean teacher. In this way you can share your knowledge and learn about others´,so Internet tools are very important because they can help you to teach English as a Foreign Language in a easier and effective way.

2- How didi you feel the last time you were working with Internet tools?

Saturday, Nov 29,2010

To be honest, I have to say that it was nice when I was trying to enter and explore new things, but the problem was when I did not find what to do. I faced many problems trying to enter to a page, but the worst was when I saw a classmate watching a video, and I couldn´t do it.
After trying many times, I could sign on a page, and I felt very happy. Also, I realized the importance of a teacher in motivating students to investigate, try new things and look for new resources in order to learn as much as possible.

3- Can you see any importance in using Internet tools with EFL students?

Of course. As I said before, Internet is an excellent resource to teach EFL because you teach the language in a way that you make your students feel like if they were studying their own language. When you are learning in your native language, you feel identied because you understand what you do. The same happens when you use nice tools like Internet. You can apply activities that are used to make students feel comfortable with the language and help them to develop their abilities.

4-Would this use meet any intelligence we had studied so far?

I think that the intelligence that you develop the most is the Interpersonal Intelligence because remember that those kind of people like to socializate. When you use Internet tools you have the chance to have many friends by the different sides like the blog, wiki, facebook, e-mail, voxpop etc.You can study and share many things with your friends and classmates; also, this helps students to feel their learning more active and interesting. But, you also use the visual intelligence, logical intelligence etc.

Well, I am waiting for your comments . GOD BLESS YOU.

2 comentarios:

  1. Vanessa,

    Carrying out research is one of the purposes of using these Internet tools. The students are supposed to explore and find ways to take advantage of what they are giving. I think students learn to be perseverant. You pointed out how sad you felt while one classmate was successful at signing in the assigned pages. Technology requires users to be really but really patient but once you have learnt to deal with it, you become dependant on its use. Later on you make it part of your daily life.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Internet tools are definitely a blessing. They make our lives easier and we don`t have to waste our time reading and reading books. Internet is faster and we feel actualizated

    ResponderEliminar