jueves, 9 de febrero de 2012

My first class

Well, I´m gonna talk about my first class at the university. It was in Advanced English II with teacher Giovanni Blanco. To be honest, that day I was very nervous because some of the students were my classmates, but at the end it was an advantage for me.

I started my class with a beautiful quote, and some students helped me to read and analyze it. Then, I developed the warm up activity. For me it was incredible because students were exiting to participate. It was a group spelling activity, so we were shouting to confuse the person at the front. The problem was that we were making such as noise that it made me feel that the teacher next door was going to arrive to say that they were in classes. Fortunately, it didn’t happen.

The topic of the class was adjectives and word order, so I studied a lot to be prepared to whatever unexpected question. I really like that when teaching advance students, we have to investigate and read to be ready. It is incredible that I studied that topic in grammar, but I didn’t learn it, and now I manage it very well.

During the class, some students asked me about the topic, and I was happy to answer them. Then, I gave them a series of sentences, which they had to organize, and when I saw that all the groups did it correctly, I felt as a good teacher jaja. At the end, we share the answers, and I congratulated them because of their effort.

Also it is important to mention that the teacher gave me the feedback at the end of the class. He gave me some recommendations that for sure will benefit my work as a teacher.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario