jueves, 19 de agosto de 2010

ACTIVITIES..

Hello people! I want to tell you that the last class was so nice for me.I really enjoyed it, and I desire all my classes in that way, but I know that this is almost impossible..
I have to CONGRATULATE ALL MY CLASSMATES, YOU DID IT GREAT.

About Suggestopedia I have to say that I liked the way how we used the instruments. I liked to play with those beautiful toys. I think that with instruments you can learn a lot because children love to make noise ,and at the same time they are lerning.
The only thing is that you have to have all those instruments for your students ,and some schools do not buy them for your classes, so you have to buy them with your own money.
But this is a nice method and it has nice activities.

The Direct method is good ,too. I liked the part when each student has to participate and give his-her opinion.
The teacher has to control all and check things like pronunciation.
To make groups is very useful because students share their ideas and they learn with others, so I liked that activity because we participated a lot.

The Silent Way. I think that the activities of this method are useful if you can apply them. I like that students are free to build their own sentences, and the teacher let them to work alone.I like this because I consider that the teacher has not to be next to the students all the time, only if the student do not understand.
With these activities we can learn a lot about writing and grammar, but the thing is that the teacher has to have a lot of imagination in order to create a great class, if not students are going to feel bored because the teacher does not talk so much.
But Alex taught us a lot of things..nice.

The Audio Lingual Method. Well, I consider that you have to enjoy what you do and what you say, and it does not matter the situation or the place, so I enjoyed this method and the activities because I had to explain them. I liked these activities a lot,and the most importan is that they are useful and you can get good result from using these kind of techniques.
I liked that my classmates talked a lot and they tried to understand what I was saying.But the nicer thing for me was the tongue twister.I liked to listen my classmates and my teacher to repeat the paraghrap and how they got confused...I enjoyed it a lot, and I think that we learned some things, too. THANKS GOD.

2 comentarios:

  1. Vanessa,

    you pointed out the fact that schools do not provide the enough material to teachers. If you ever ask the principal for some material support, they will tell you they don´t have resources. Sometimes teachers get relaxed and don´t complicate themselves; this is why you see many teachers of English translating in classes. People do not want to make an effort and it is kind of understandable for taking money out of your pocket is really painful. Anyways you can ask your children to bring some toys. Kids usually have this kind of stuff in their toy basket, or you make your own basket of material.


    Another thing you learnt is to lead a small group of students. NOw you are getting a bit comfortable in organizing and developing activities with yo0ur classmates

    Congrats to all

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Vanessa! I agree with many points that you have already mentioned. I enjoyed the tongue twister too.

    I have to say that at the beginning I didn`t like your method but now that you have developed the activities that belong to your method I have a better point of view about it. I will apply it as soon as I start teaching.

    ResponderEliminar