sábado, 7 de agosto de 2010

Hi! I am writing again......
Well, about THE ORAL APPROACH: I consider that this method is almost the same with the audio-lingual method. As you remember ,I explained that method, but when I listened "the oral approach..." I started to ask a lot of question of the use of that method, and there are a lot of things that are difficult. For example, if you do not let your students to make mistakes, how are they going to learn if we learn from our mistakes?.. I think that this point is a disadvantage for students because I can not imagine a teacher trying to correct me every minute in my life mmm no because I would feel afraid of talk or participate in class.
I prefer the combination of methods and that is why I consider the NATURAL METHOD very useful.
Something that called my attention was that in this method students and teachers are friends, and this is something that would be nice at schools especially in El Salvador because here in our country most of teachers are very bad with their students...(in UNICAES) jiji.
What I liked of the Natural Method is that the most important for all the system are students and all things are around them. This is nice because teachers pay a lot of attention to students´ needs, and to do this teachers combine different methods in order to make education very effective. But no all is good in this method. I do not like that students can decide when they want to learn or talk; this is bad because in this way I think that nobody is going to talk in a class.Sometimes we have to force students to work in order to make them learn.
Also, I am no so sure but I think that there are not evaluations in this method, and this do not help students.

Ok I am waiting more methods...Nice weekend!!

3 comentarios:

  1. Hi Vanessa,

    What teachers evaluate in this method is the students performance and the willing they have for learning. This kind of evaluation is not common in our environment since we are very used to seeing a number in the corner of a page. Teachers using this method mainly focus on students´s progress.

    Correcting mistakes.

    As i just posted in Henry´s entry, there has been a debate in corercting mistakes as soons as students make them or let students finish their speech and correct later. It is up to the teacher, so what would you do as a teacher?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello teacher...
    About your question: I think that I am not going to correct my students every time they make a mistake because they could feel bad, and they can think that this is personal and maybe I feel something agains them.Sometimes it is good to correct students in the moment becuase they learn and they do not forget what the teacher told them. I am going to correct my students in the moment only when I see that they repeat a mistake, but if not I am going to write the mistakes in a page in order to give them to the students and try to correct them with my help.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Great, you already have ideas on how to correct your students´s mistakes.

    ResponderEliminar